…meteor showers, autumn’s kaleidoscope of fallen leaves, winter’s snow cocoon. The standard Colorado Yurt dome is a focal point of the yurt experience because it allows the space to be centered with natural light and connects you with its location.
All Colorado Yurts come with our standard domed yurt skylights stretching five feet in diameter. To help achieve durability and security, the domes are designed to have a weather-tight fit and last in the elements for years to come.
Standard Dome Specs
- All yurts come with a dome that measures five feet across and 16-inches tall.
- The domed yurt skylight is ¼” thick pure acrylic. Pure acrylic outlasts other clear polymers when exposed to the elements for five years or more.
- Includes a flange and down-turned edge.
- The yurt dome fastens in six places to the compression ring with stainless steel expansion springs and four stainless steel cables for an outstanding weather-tight fit.
- Our engineered compression ring is cut from two twelve-sided polygons of clear Douglas fir and is three inches thick and five feet in diameter.