Calling All Photographers!
Secret Creek is having a photo contest! Cash and prizes are available for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. To enter, submit your photos by the February 17th, 2023 deadline! Images must be of Secret Creek or Colorado Yurt Company structures such as Colorado Yurts, Earthworks Tipis, and/or Destination Tents. Placed winners will have photos printed for our new Secret Creek headquarters and work promoted in our advertising! Please submit your photo entry using the form below.
Please submit high-resolution digital photos in jpeg or tiff format. The resolution will need to be a minimum of 300 dpi or higher for print quality. A maximum of 3 entries per person in different categories will be accepted. Images submitted incorrectly will be disqualified from the contest. Each entry will need to agree to the Secret Creek photo-release agreement. Photo release details are available below the entry form.
Starts on December 1st, 2022
Deadline is February 17th, 2023 at 5PM
Accepted Photography Categories
- Lifestyle Photos – People & Nature: A person or people in an outdoor setting or the interior of our yurt, tipi, or tent. Lifestyle photos that are complementary to our products, such as camping, adventure/outdoor activities, vacation, a romantic retreat, spa/yoga days, group gatherings, and educational purposes would be acceptable.
- Landscape: This should give us a sense of place and show the full landscape around you with one of our yurts, tipis, and/or tents. Could include people or wildlife but the primary focus should be the structure of the landscape.
- Wildlife: This can include mammals, birds, domestic animals, or farm animals in an environment where one of our yurts, tipis, and/or tents resides.
- Weather & Climate: Should showcase our yurts, tipis, and tents in various climates and weather. We would love to see our structures in different locations and weather as it makes for unique photos!
- Astrophotography & Night: Any night photos taken should also include our structures. Photos can be either exterior or interior shots. Starry night skies, campfires, star trails, or moonlit nights all make for great photos!
- Long Exposures: This is a creative style of photography that should still highlight our products. This can be used to showcase a creek, river, light trails, or movement.
- Panoramas: Panorama photos are a great way to emphasize a large area. If you should choose to do this style of photography, please make sure the structure does not become distorted in the shot.
- Aerial & Drone Photography: This should include a clear shot of a Secret Creek structure such as a yurt, tipi, or tent. The product should be large enough to spot in your photo to be considered.
- Interior Design Photography: Interior design photos should not only focus on the décor of a space but the structure and space as a whole. These interior spaces can be any of our Secret Creek yurts, tipis, or tents.
If you want to share your photo submission on social media please use #mysecretcreek and #SCphotocontest. To be considered for the contest your photo must be submitted through the website with the form below. Tagging on social media will not count as an entry for the contest.
Fully read this document before proceeding –> Secret Creek Photo Release Agreement
Photo Contest Entry Form
"*" indicates required fields
Please reach out to Marketing@secretcreek.com for additional information.